iOS Software Engineer for Connected Toys
Want to be employee #12?
Dash Robotics is a small team committed to revolutionizing creativity and play for the mobile age by developing high quality, accessible connected toys. Dash has delivered hundreds of thousands of our unique robots to rave reviews. Now we’re working with the best partners in the industry to bring robotics to every toy segment, from dolls to dinosaurs, for boys and for girls.
We have a small, passionate team with great investors and great partners. We're building products that bring happiness to kids around the world. Sound interesting? If so, read on.
About the Job:
We’re building the backbone of connected toy tech at Dash Robotics, and iOS is a vital part of that. You will join Dash’s software engineering team as a full-time iOS developer. You will focus on expanding the capabilities of our existing Kamigami iOS apps and helping us create a connected toy framework to serve as the backbone of future products. You don’t need to have had experience with connected devices and Bluetooth LE, but you’ll need to learn quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build iOS apps for connected toys.
- Help build a platform for developing new software and new connected toys.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Strong knowledge of iOS frameworks and Objective-C. Swift is a plus.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services.
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Great programming skills; ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable, and secure.
- Strong communication skills, in both engineering and non-engineering contexts.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with connected hardware or Bluetooth LE, especially on iOS.
- Experience with Android development.
- Experience with Unity and C#.
- Software architecture and/or API design experience.
- Lots of enthusiasm for robots, connected toys, or education.
- Be on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup, making major contributions to the development of new technology and products.
- Own equity in the company. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with a great team of people who love what they do. We have a friendly, supportive work environment where independence is valued, and is powered by the belief that happy people make the best products.
- Team lunches and company-wide events and outings.
- Hiking trails, running trails, and a kayak launch out our backdoor.
- On-site gym and shower access.
- Free, easy parking.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please provide a very brief cover letter and a resume below.
Dash Robotics is an equal opportunity employer; however, we only hire hard working people who are very fun and very smart.